Thursday, January 19, 2012

Starting Pre-Nursery

3 January 2012 was the first day of school for you. Jie Jie and I accompanied you to class for the first 2 days and you happily played with the kitchen set in your classroom with Jie Jie and the wooden puzzles. You also followed Teacher to the toilet to wash hands, without us going along. Well done! Your favourite was the song session and you paid very close attention to Teacher. You were really cute to watch. I shall post the videos here in future. It was only 1-2 hours long for the first 3 days so you could play at the playground with Jie Jie before it was time for her to go to class. By the 3rd day, it was time for you to go into the classroom on your own. When we got to class, they were singing songs so you happily walked in while we stayed at the foyer waiting for you. At the end of class, Teacher told me you were struggling to eat the noodles given and you didn't want Teacher to help you so I had to remind you to let Teacher help you when you needed help. On the 4th day, I mistakenly thought that your class would end later. So after dropping Jie Jie off at school, I went to eat something. Only much later did I receive a call from the office. Thankfully I was nearby so I rushed to your class. You were in good spirits despite being the last one left in class. I felt so bad for making your teachers wait. The 2nd week was harder because you were to be received by your teacher at the main door so I could not walk you to your classroom. Jie Jie could so you clung onto her when she had to go off. But after a while, you were fine. The next few days, you were nursing a bad cough and cold so you stayed home most of the days. So when it came to the 3rd week, you would cry at the main door, wanting mummy to bring you in. No matter how I try to psyche you up at home, it was still the response. But you're fine after Teacher settles you. I wonder when you'll finally be able to happily wave bye to me at the door. It's another long break coming up because of the Chinese New Year holiday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive